In-depth discussion of coding for imaging and interventional procedures in the head and neck
Providing instruction in coding for angiography and interventions performed in the head and neck, this webcast will provide much-needed clarification and examples on angioplasty, embolization, thrombectomy, thrombolytic infusion therapy and intravascular stenting for both arterial and venous procedures. With in-depth descriptions of the procedures themselves, the corresponding code choices and how those code choices can change based on how the procedure was performed, reinforced with examples, case studies and anatomic diagrams, you will walk away confident when coding for head and neck procedures.
What’s on the agenda:
- Angiography of the head and neck
- Cervicocerebral, arch, carotid and vertebral imaging, additional selective 2nd and 3rd order vessels after the initial study/exam
- Overview of CPT® codes and how they relate to procedures, anatomy, and key phrases to look for in documentation
- Head and neck interventional procedures
- Arterial and venous with review of anatomy, procedures, and corresponding code choices for:
- Angioplasty, stenting, embolization, thrombolytic therapy, thrombectomy, atherectomy
- Imaging guidance – when it can and cannot be separately reported
- Case examples and scenarios with an emphasis on the dos and don’ts when coding for head and neck procedures with key phrases to look for in documentation
- Answers to frequently asked questions and, time permitting, answers to attendee questions
Click here for information about other sessions in this 11-part webcast series.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges
Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available.
Learn more about webcast pricing and requirements →
Jayna Tuominen is a skilled auditor, coding specialist, and compliance analyst with 15+ years of experience across diverse healthcare settings providing technical expertise, developing strategies, and deploying medical coding solutions, including experience in physician and hospital revenue cycle processes and health information workflows. Her specialty expertise encompasses interventional radiology, neuro-interventional radiology, diagnostic radiology, cardiology, cardiac rhythm management, transcatheter valvular, and cardiac catheterization coding and billing, and she has provided expert auditing and consulting services in these areas for both hospital and professional settings. She has delivered educational seminars to physicians, technicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals to improve understanding of compliance guidelines.
Jayna is credentialed as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) and Certified Cardiology Coder (CCC). She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Health Information Management from the College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, Minnesota.
Amanda Hollis brings over 15 years of coding, auditing, and training experience spanning multiple radiology and cardiology modalities, including interventional and diagnostic radiology coding, vascular surgery, and nuclear medicine. With her extensive experience as a coder and auditor, Amanda has provided education to radiology coding professionals on enhancing their coding methodologies and boosting their accuracy rates. She has also worked directly with physicians to improve clinical documentation integrity.
Amanda is a Radiology Certified Coder-IR (RCCIR) and Radiology Certified Coder (RCC) through the Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA). Additionally, she is a Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC), and a Certified Professional Coder (CPC) through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). She studied Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder at Tulsa Community College and Elementary Education and Teaching at Oral Roberts University.