The fully loaded, award-winning CPT QuickRef app combines the best of the American Medical Association’s (AMA) Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) content with billing tools to help improve the accuracy and efficiency of the work you perform.
The CPT® QuickRef app includes the following:
- Up to five years of CPT Codes — Use your mobile device to search and browse all CPT codes and descriptors from 2019-2023, complete with applicable modifiers, illustrations, and CPT Assistant references when codes are described in newsletter articles, and both global and GPCI-specific cost information (Coding & Billing Pack per year needed to access).
- CPT Assistant Archive — Access the full content of all CPT Assistant articles (1990–2022).
- E/M Wizard — Quickly determine the appropriate evaluation and management code based on visit documentation using all available guidelines: AMA and CMS ’95, ’97, and the office & outpatient visit evaluation & management (E/M) guidelines updated for 2023.
- CPT Coding Guidelines—official coding guidelines from the CPT Editorial Panel.
- CPT Vignettes—describe code use with clinical examples.
- 2022 and 2023 RVUs—relative value units for Medicare reimbursement including Physician Work, Practice Expense, and Professional Liability Insurance, valid in the coder’s locality.
The CPT QuickRef app premium content (2023 code set information & CPT® Assistant articles) are accessible on iOS and Android mobile devices by scanning the QR code affixed to the back of the codebook that comes with this package.
Features and Benefits
Features of the CPT QuickRef app with premium content include:
- Updated E/M Wizard – New 2023 guidelines for coding office & outpatient visits by time and medical decision making
- The latest information — Receive updates from the cloud when new RVUs and proprietary laboratory analysis (PLA) codes are released or when technical corrections are made to 2023 CPT codes
- Favorites — Select the codes you use most and save them to your favorites list
- Facility and non-facility RVUs — Use federal data on facility and non-facility work and practice expense values
- GPCIs — Set your region’s geographic practice cost index to calculate accurate Medicare payment for each procedure
- Global days — Reference the number of global days CMS assigns to a given procedure
- Color illustrations — Better understand complex procedures with AMA-created illustrations
- Clear references to CPT® Assistant articles — View article titles instead of date and page number references found in other resources
- Improved search – Enter the first three or more digits of a CPT code to get suggested matches
- Past code set information – Upgrade to the multi-year option for the code set years of 2018-2022 for auditing and other reference
For features and benefits of the printed codebook and E/M resource included in this package, please see the CPT® 2023 Professional Edition and CPT® E/M Companion 2023 Bundle.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.