Bolster your knowledge of crucial basics to reduce your risks
An increase in noncompliant coding and documentation for diagnostic radiology services is creating significant risk for many providers, according to our consulting experts. With its complex rules that vary from one modality to the next, diagnostic radiology has always presented an enormous coding challenge. Now, other factors such as staffing shortages and excessive reliance on radiology information systems (RIS) have elevated the compliance risks.
This MedLearn Publishing webcast offers a great opportunity to bolster your coding and documentation knowledge across a broad range of diagnostic imaging services. During the 2.5 hour session, Cathy Huyghe and Jolynn Van Ert will walk you through the unique coding and documentation rules for common and problematic procedures, as well as for contrast materials. Through high-quality coding and documentation, you’ll be better positioned to capture the full legal payment and prevent adverse auditor actions.
As a bonus, you can download documentation templates discussed during the webcast…at no extra charge.
- A review of CPT®/HCPCS codes for reporting a broad range of diagnostic radiology exams, including X-ray, fluoroscopy, CT/CTA, MRI/MRA, nuclear medicine, ultrasound and breast imaging
- An understanding of coding guidelines and National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI) edits pertaining to these procedures
- Key documentation requirements for the discussed exams — includes templates available for free download
- Insights into the common pitfalls that lead to revenue loss, including auditor takebacks
- Other crucial topics that impact coding and documentation compliance, including:
- Use of code pairs
- Establishing medical necessity
- Ordering guidelines and restrictions
- Clinical decision support mechanism (CDSM)
- Additional coding resources and tools to help ensure compliance
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Webcast Access Privileges
Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available.
Learn more about webcast pricing and requirements →
Catherine is a Senior Healthcare Consultant at Panacea Healthcare Solutions. She has worked for more than 30 years in cardiology and interventional radiology auditing, revenue cycle and management. Her experience includes coding audits, chargemaster assessments, regulatory compliance reviews and evaluations of administrative policies and procedures. In addition, she conducts educational training seminars.
Jolynn is a certified medical coder and senior healthcare consultant with more than 25 years of clinical experience as a medical imaging technologist. She possesses an advanced knowledge of documentation, coding, billing and compliance in the areas of diagnostic radiology, interventional radiology, cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology and cardiac rhythm management procedures. In addition to performing a broad range of coding compliance audits and financial impact reviews, Jolynn has supported curriculum development and delivered educational training sessions for physicians, coders and facility staff.