Monday, April 23, 2018
Trending Topic Broadcast
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Nancy Beckley, MS, MBA, CHC; Frank Cohen, MPA, MBB; Knicole Emanuel, Esq.; David Glaser, Esq.;
Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM; and Michael A. Salvatore, MD, FACP
Could non-physician practitioners (NPPs) be the next target of auditing by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and private payer auditors? While physicians reportedly represent nearly a million targets for audits, add in another couple of hundred thousand nurse practitioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs) and target acquisition becomes that much richer. And in their minds, so do the auditors, according to Frank Cohen, director of analytics and business intelligence for DoctorsManagement, who will report on his latest findings during the next edition of Monitor Mondays.
The broadcast rundown also will include:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- Hot Topics: Monitor Mondays senior correspondent Nancy Beckley, president and CEO of Nancy Beckley and Associates, will report on all the latest hot topics and present the Monitor Mondays Listener Survey.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will report on another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
- Medicaid Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, partner in the Potomac Law Group, will return to the broadcast with the final installment of her exclusive two-part reporting on a state-by-state review of states’ Medicaid regulatory oversight.
- Monday Focus: Former First Lady Barbara Bush died Tuesday at age 92 at her home in Houston, having decided to decline further medical treatment for health problems and instead to focus on “comfort care.” Reporting on palliative care will be Michael A. Salvatore, MD, physician advisor and medical director of the palliative care team at Beebe Healthcare in Delaware. Salvatore is a member of the RACmonitor editorial board.
Register now for this trending topic broadcast coming up at 10 a.m. EDT on Monday, April 23.