Monday, June 5, 2017
10-10:30 a.m. ET; 7-7:30 a.m. PT
Michael Rosen, Esq.
Janelle Ali-Dinar, PhD; David Glaser, Esq.; Ronald Hirsch, MD, FACP, CHCQM;
Juliet B. Ugarte Hopkins, MD, CHCQM-PHYADV; Edward Roche, PhD, JD; and Bob Soltis
Healthcare fraud and convictions are on the rise, according to the latest report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG). Convictions for drug diversion increased during 2015, and more than a third of the convictions involved personal care services. Details about this trend and more will be reported in the next edition of Monitor Mondays, when Michael Rosen, co-founder of ProviderTrust, will outline the 2016 OIG Medicaid Fraud Compliance Performance Report, explaining how your facility should remain compliant.
The broadcast rundown also includes:
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 Physician Advisory Services, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- America’s Rural Health Report: Topic authority Janelle Ali-Dinar, vice president of rural health for MyGenetx, will report on saving healthcare for rural populations.
- Monday Focus: Retrospective Reviews: Juliet B. Ugarte Hopkins, MD, CHCQM-PHYADV, a physician advisor at ProHealth Care, Inc. in Wis., will report on why conducting retrospective reviews of short-stay Medicare inpatient claims should not be overlooked now that the Recovery Audit Contractors (RACs) have returned.
- Ransomware Crisis: RACmonitor investigative reporter Edward Roach, founder and director of scientific intelligence for Barraclough NY LLC, will present the first in a series of reports on the global ransomware crisis.
- ALJ Report: Former Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Bob Soltis will return to the broadcast to offer a preview of his upcoming webcast on how and why you should consider writing and submitting a proposed decision to an ALJ.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser with Fredrikson & Byron will return with another example of a potentially troublesome issue that could pose a risk to your facility.
Register now for this special-edition broadcast coming your way on Monday, June 5, 2017 at 10 a.m. ET.
Monitor with us.™