Can you tell me more about what is included in 0643T?
0643T describes a transcatheter left ventricular restoration (LVR) device implantation using an arterial approach and includes the following:
- All access and closures
- Left heart catheterization if catheterized for the procedure
- Right heart catheterization if performed for hemodynamics during the procedure
- Angiograms and RS&I
- Completion angiography
- Note if a true diagnostic coronary angiogram was performed unrelated to the restoration and all requirements are met, code the diagnostic angiogram separately with modifier 59.
- If coronary interventions are performed, report separately
- Other interventions unrelated to the restoration may be reported separately
- Report cardiopulmonary bypass separately
- VAD / Balloon pump insertion may be reported separately
- For transcatheter mitral valve annulus reconstruction with implantation of an adjustable annulus reconstruction device from a venous approach necessitating transseptal puncture, use 0544T.
This question was answered in our annual Cardiology Reimbursement & Compliance Update webcast. For more hot topics relating to cardiology services, please visit our store or call us at 1.800.252.1578, ext. 2.