Count on us to guide you through your biggest coding challenges in a complex area of medicine
Our nuclear medicine and PET experts have identified many areas of confusion, uncertainty and noncompliance. Fortunately, our Nuclear Medicine & PET Coder book provides clarity and spells out the steps you must take to achieve compliant coding and documentation. As always, you get clear, detailed explanations of procedures and how they should be reported and documented. You also get clarification of gray areas, plus case examples, concrete tips, and much more. In short, this trusted resource delivers workable solutions and actionable answers to your real-world coding, documentation and billing issues.
Features and Benefits
Updated and expanded content, including:
- Explanations and practical application of new, deleted, and revised CPT® codes for nuclear medicine services including SPECT, SPECT/CT and planar imaging, and cardiac PET procedures, with crosswalks and guidance for use
- Including SPECT, SPECT/CT and planar imaging, and cardiac PET procedures, with crosswalks and guidance for use
- The Appropriate Use Criteria program and how it impacts nuclear medicine providers
- Updated payment tables, radiopharmaceutical information, and other essential details throughout the book
- Guidance and references regarding PET and PET-CT national coverage changes
Our experts address common questions, concerns, and problem areas:
- When to use the new SPECT, SPECT/CT and planar imaging codes
- What the bundled cardiac PET and PET/CT codes do, and do not, include
- Documentation requirements for coding a thyroid “whole-body” exam vs. a “limited” exam
- Preventing the under-reporting of radiopharmaceutical units
- Recurring issues with coding, such as code unbundling and omitting CPT codes for certain procedures
Clear, step-by-step guidance through the tasks you perform every day:
- Coding and documentation for a full range of nuclear medicine and PET procedures, including SPECT, PET, PET/CT, planar imaging, integrated imaging, and therapeutic treatments
- Covers code assignmentsby both hospital (technical) and physician (professional) entities
A proven quick-reference approach for busy professionals:
- Codes are grouped by body system (e.g., endocrine, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular and more) and then by code sequence
- Each section includes:
- Table of drugs and radiopharmaceuticals typically used for nuclear medicine procedures, along with the pertinent HCPCS and revenue codes
- Definition of each procedure with its corresponding CPT code
- Coding and billing tips for each code
- Payment tables based on the current Medicare physician fee schedule (MPFS), and the hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS)
Looking for more valuable coding education and news? Check out our new Nuclear Medicine All-Access Pass.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
For certain MedLearn Publishing publications, you will see an ‘AMA Royalty Fee’ in your shopping cart. This charge covers the licensing fee MedLearn Publishing pays to the American Medical Association (AMA) for references to CPT® codes. The AMA owns the copyright for CPT codes.
*All-Access Pass subscribers receive 30% off the print version of the books included with their membership. This 30% does not include AMA fees or shipping and handling fees. For questions please email us.
**Please note that eBooks cannot be printed, and all sales on eBooks are final. If you would like a printed copy of this resource please select the Print version and allow time for shipping.