What criteria must be met to code for 3D rendering?
The following criteria must be met before reporting 3D rendering codes 76376 and 76377:
- A description of the studies and/or procedures performed
- Clear documentation of rendering and interpretation of the images
- How the 3D rendering was performed*
- A test order and medical necessity supporting the use of 3D rendering
- Physician supervision of, or participation in, 3D rendering
|76376||3D rendering with interpretation and reporting of computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, or other tomographic modality with image postprocessing under concurrent supervision; not requiring image post-processing on an independent workstation|
|76377||requiring image post-processing on an independent workstation|
This question was answered in our CT/MR Coder. For more hot topics relating to radiology services, please visit our store or call us at 1.800.252.1578, ext. 2.