What are the typical disorders reported for sleep study code 95807?
Disorders typically diagnosed by this sleep study include the following:
- Sleep-disordered breathing, which may be caused by obstructive or central nervous system disorders
- Problems staying awake during normal waking hours
- Problems with sleep-disruptive behaviors (such as sleepwalking, night terrors, or bed-wetting)
- Problems with daytime sleepiness or insomnia due to sleep apnea or restless leg syndrome
- Changes to the sleep cycle that interfere with the ability to sleep soundly
|95807||Sleep study, simultaneous recording of ventilation, respiratory effort, ECG or heart rate, and oxygen saturation, attended by a technologist|
This question was answered in our Coding Essentials for RT/Pulmonary Function. For more hot topics relating to respiratory services, please visit our store or call us at 1.800.252.1578, ext. 2.